We are always looking for ways to keep in touch with family and friends during social distancing. The one activity that remains constant for us all is walking our dogs, strolling around the neighborhood to exercise, or getting some much needed fresh air.
Let’s run/walk or bike together to help shelter pets! Pets 2 the Rescue is a 1-mile or 5K virtual run/walk, or a 5 mile bike ride event to raise funds for PAWS4you and other non-profit animal shelters and pet adoption agencies across the US.
What makes Pets 2 the Rescue fun?
You can register alone, or create a team with family and friends. Share pictures and videos to encourage each other to reach your goal. As you grab your dog’s leash and join us during this virtual event, remember that your donation is honoring him/her and helping other less fortunate dogs on their journey to a forever home.
New this year:
- With your $25 registration, you will receive a customized race shirt in the mail. (Let’s add image here)
- Select “Challenge” to enter multiple results throughout the campaign month for a cumulative result and to have the opportunity to receive a PAWS t-shirt and customized leaf on our mural wall in our retreat facility. You must complete 50 cumulative hours (individual) and raise at least $100 to be eligible.
Three easy steps to register:
- Register for the virtual 1 mile or virtual 5K any time between June 1- July 4, 2021. During registration, you will be asked to choose your participating Shelter and team. Be sure to select PAWS4you, and $10 will come to us.
- Walk, Run or Bike the distance you registered for any time between June 1-July 5
- Submit your time online, either using the free “IYR Virtual” mobile app or manually in the online race results. Click here for instructions on how to use the IYR Virtual app and enter your time.
If you are in middle or high school and need community service hours, send an email to email@example.com for more information.
Thank you in advance for participating in our 2nd Annual Pets 2 the Rescue campaign! Have fun!